Friday, February 15, 2008

Utter mortification!

Another post by Jenny C:

Yet another reason why text messaging is the bane of my existence….

As discussed in my previous posting, I hate texting. So when I have a text/email repartee with a new guy, and we haven’t actually spoken a whole lot, I tend to respond to his “let’s hang out tomorrow”-texts with a “sure, call me tomorrow” reply. Inevitably, I either get a text in return the next day or nothing at all.

On one such day that I received nothing at all, I decided to tell my girlfriend. She was out at a loud bar, so I decided the best way to get my announcement across to her was through a text message. What happened then, you may ask. Nothing good, that’s for sure.

My message to her read something like: “Big surprise. He didn’t call me again.” Unfortunately for me, in my dislike of texting over the years, I have never become completely adept at it. So, of course you know what inevitably happened: I sent this message not to my girlfriend, but to the non-caller himself. Utter mortification! There is still no “recall” button for a text like there is for emails-gone-wrong.

I am swearing off important/scandalous/plan-making text messages. To do otherwise is just asking for more trouble.

PS – the non-caller actually responded to me…via text message. Oh yeah, a keeper.

No comments: