Sunday, February 17, 2008

Reconnecting with Friends

Interestingly, for me one side effect of the state of today's technology is that when I receive an actual phone call from my high school or college friends (not an email, not a text, but an actual call when they have to dial my number and talk and everything) I know something big is going on. And most likely it's focused around romance. Either someone is getting married or is pregnant. Extremely life changing events related to love/romance seem to be the topics that inspire person to person conversations. I've gotten other life changing news from friends via email/text (got a new job...illness in my family...moving to Vermont...got my PhD...broke up with my girlfriend...) but the "good romance" news always seems to come via phone call. So it's kind of funny to get an actual voicemail from an old friend because I pretty much know right away what they're going to say, or else I would have just gotten an email! It's good to know that there are still some things worth the phone call.

From woman in Chicago.

No comments: